(Ventura, CA) – Each year, the Ventura Music Festival fills venues across the city with top-tier music for two weekends of multi-genre music, dance performances and world-class culture. This summer, the festival is returning with a lineup that promises to be bigger and better than ever. Headlined by genre-defying “little orchestra” Pink Martini and supported by world class acts such as celebrated guitarists John Jorgenson and “El Twanguero” Diego Garcia, the festival has something for every musical taste.
In the hands of renowned conductor and Ventura Music Festival Artistic Director Nuvi Mehta, the 2018 musical lineup consists of:
- 7/12: American Gypsy Jazz featuring star guitarist John Jorgenson at the historic Olivas Adobe
- 7/13: Latin Grammy-winner and “fire breathing guitar hero” vocalist and composer Diego Garcia (“El Twanguero”) alongside his trio at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center
- 7/14: “Rollicking, multi-lingual, around-the-world musical adventure” and festival headliner Pink Martini at the Oxnard PACC
- 7/15: Dynamic classic music ensemble Trio Céleste at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center
- 7/20: Celebrated and imaginative Akropolis Reed Quintet at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center
- 7/21: Stunning singer-songwriter Perla Batalla will present her “Frida Kahlo song cycle”, inspired by the works of Kahlo and Diego Rivera at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center
- 7/22: Pas de deux series depicting the ups, downs and sideways of relationships – Malashock Dance at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center
Additionally, the festival will host a “Tea & Trumpets” at the Ventura Pierpont Inn, where guests will enjoy a four-course English tea with the Festival Brass Quintet’s hallmark wit, humor and fanfare on 7/13, as well as a free public concert with electrifying mariachi-meets-American classics ensemble Jarabe Mexicano at Mission Park in Ventura on 7/18. For times, updates and more details in the coming months, follow the festival on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The 24th annual Ventura Music Festival will take place on July 12-15 and July 20-22, 2018 at the Ventura College Performing Arts Center, located at 4700 Loma Vista Road, Ventura CA 93003 unless otherwise noted above. Tickets will range in price from $25-$50 (special student rates excepted) and will be available for purchase in April. For more information please visit www.venturamusicfestival.org or call (805) 648-3146.
ABOUT VENTURA MUSIC FESTIVAL:
Since 1994, the mission of the Ventura Music Festival has been to bring world-class music to the community, build audience-Festival and audience-artist relationships, and enhance the joy of music through diverse education offerings for all ages. For more information, please visit www.venturamusicfestival.org.